Monday 31 March 2014

REVIEW | Herbal Essences Seductively Straight Heat Protection Intensive Cream


Herbal Essences Seductively Straight Heat Protection | £1.99 | Savers

I picked this up on a whim in savers when looking for a heat protectant, everyone knows they're important to keep your locks in good shape and this one claims to help straighten your hair too.
This is a cream protectant unlike my normal sprays, I've never used a cream one before but thought it might be better as I can pinpoint where I want the product and it seems super easy to use, you just pump it out and run it through the ends of your hair.
I read a few reviews and it seemed a pretty standard product that most people liked...However for my first ever 'negative' review I can tell you I really dislike this, I've used it multiple times and still don't like it, first time I used it I assumed I used too much and it was why my hair felt awful after using it but I tried again and again to no avail.
I find it just weighs my hair down and I can't put it anywhere near the top of my hair because of this, so any hair above my ears isn't getting protected, it's left my hair heavy and greasy feeling, like if you don't quite wash conditioner out of your hair out properly and you can feel it getting fried by your hair straighteners, blegh!

 
On the plus side it smells nice and the smell stayed in my hair after drying so I guess this angry cloud has it's silver lining.

Have you tried this, what did you think? Am I the only one having this problem with this product?


 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin


4 comments:

  1. Well I'm certainly staying clear of this, for me the best straightening product is the John Frieda 3- day straight spray :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked that up today and then put it back down, I must try it! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi<3 I just thought I'd let you know i've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Check it out here.

    becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks that it's so heavy! Definitely staying away from this one.

    ReplyDelete