Wednesday 17 September 2014

REVIEW | NYX | Taupe Blush




As a fair skinned girl I struggle with contour colours or bronzer colours, everythings always orange and muddy. I can't stand it so decided to finally get the fair girls Holy Grail, NYX in Taupe. 
First look it's not a very blush shade is it but I'm telling you this is amazing for contouring, it does what I want without that hideous orange glow! It looks like an actual shadow rather than 'I've tried to contour' as it's very cool, I want to say almost mauve undertoned. I have a strong yellow undertone in my skin so I can say it works well for us yellow skinned babes. 
My only gripe with this is that its not hugely pigmented even though other people say it is. I need to use my brush in pan a fair few times before I get the payoff I want, the swatch I've added is after a intense rub and me getting quite annoyed that it's not as pigmented as I want, Seems like a total first world problem there! (Excuse the dodgy half lasered wrist tattoo, don't get tattooed by incompetent people!)
I love NYX and everything I've used from them, they're a cruelty free brand also, a mega bonus if you're conscious about products. I didn't know this but NYX is stocked in some Next stores and I got mine in store so I could have a good nosey at the stand but the one in Shoreham was poorly stocked meaning I only picked this and the Setting spray up, boo! 
I made my first Youtube video and it features in there so have a look & let me know what you think below and if you're a Youtuber please subscribe and we can be friendzzz! 

 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. This blush in on my list of things to get! I heard so many great things and it looks great on you :)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear so much about this, I think it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for a cooled toned contour colour and aren't against cream products I would highly recommend Illamasqua's cream pigment in hollow

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like something that would be right up my alley! I love subtle contour so much.
    emiliashea.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete