Tuesday 4 February 2014

REVIEW | MUA Blusher | Cupcake, Candyfloss & Bon Bon

 MUA Blushers // Superdrug // £1 each for 2.4g

What can you get for £1 these days? Not a lot but as always MUA prove you can get your moneys worth. I've been wearing the same MAC blusher on and off for around 2 years and always go back to it but lately I've noticed I don't actually like it! I was on the hunt for some new bits in Superdrug and had a quick look at the MUA stand I then noticed they'd changed the packaging on the blush. I used to have a few and they all smashed so hadn't gone back but the new packaging lured me in and seemed much better, the lid stays shut and the overall product isn't huge and bulky in my makeup bag and looks super sleek. I picked up the shades Cupcake a soft peach shade, Candyfloss a pinky shade with rosey pink flecks of shimmer in and Bon Bon a brighter Apricot shade. I don't tend to like shimmer in my blush so it's nice to find some matte ones as I'm pretty sure cheaper makeup brands think glitter explosion chic is always in?




Candyfloss & Cupcake

Bon Bon & Swatches in the same order.

I found that Bon Bon was probably the most highly pigmented, probably because it's the brighter of the shade but they all give reasonable colour pay off and they're velvety soft. I feared they may be horrible to touch for the price but they're a dream. There's not a huge deal of fallout and I think Cupcake is my favorite shade and overall I'm super happy with the value for money, I'll be picking up the other 3 in the range as they don't break the bank and are perfect sized for my makeup bag!

Have you tried these blushes? What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, I've got a couple of blushes from MUA but in the old packaging, the new one looks much nicer ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have one and i do love it but i find it broke apart so quickly after use
    the colours are amazing though :)
    Melissa x
    www.theinkedblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no what a shame! My old one smashed the day I got it! I'm hoping these will last a little longer! X

      Delete
  3. These look good for a cheap blusher! Tempted to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For £1 it's so worth it! Even if you hate them you won't feel robbed! X

      Delete
  4. Hello! I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my post for more info! http://amydollll.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award_5.html?m=1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up one of these (I think it could have been bon bon) and I was so impressed, fully intend to go buy some of the other shades too!
    www.nicolakay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these blushers in bonbon and candy floss, and I was so surprised with the pigmentation since it was only £1 each!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candyfloss looks simple and wearable every day :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete