Monday 24 February 2014

Sleek Blush | Rose Gold

I seem to be creating a blog dedicated to blusher lately but it's all down to the fact that I've been using MAC Fleur Power for about 3 years and never using anything else I thought it's time for change.
I've always wanted to try the oh so popular Nars Orgasm (£21.50) so in true form I found a dupe. ( I also seem to be running a dupe's blog!) After lusting at the Nars counter I had a reasonable idea of what it looked like then I searched online for a dupe and the Sleek Rose Gold blush was massively mentioned but I also noticed that it's a dupe for MAC Style blush (£18) too!




As soon as I saw this I was like a magpie, it's so shiny and pretty I didn't even swatch it I just chucked it in my basket and climbed my way to the queue in Brighton's Superdrug. (Shopping on a Saturday in Brighton, what a fool I am!)
Firstly the packaging is very clean and upmarket looking, it also feels sturdy. I don't feel like it's going to flip open and smash in my bag as many a time I've thrown my bag down only to discover I've smashed something inside, usually a pressed powder or blush.
 Inside is a mirror big enough to actually do your makeup in, I've had some compacts before that have mirrors made for borrowers inside...So I'm a big fan of the packaging!


This blush is very pretty but I found it comes out more gold than I'd thought after blending, having red hair I can't always wear brighter colours as I look like a flustered clown so it's actually beneficial for me for it not to be too pink so I suppose it's not a problem.
I think on my fingertips it's incredibly pigmented but as soon as I start to blend on my cheeks it loses a lot of colour, I also do have to reapply during the day if I want to keep the pink in my cheeks.
The blush is very soft to touch and as yet I haven't had that weird chunky feeling that some blushes get.
I just apply softly with a duo fiber brush or my Real Technique Contour brush for either a lighter or stronger effect. I think my Real Techniques brush picks more of the pink up if that's possible?


(Excuse my weird dead looking hand and the white specks, I've been decorating all day!)

As a Nars and Mac dupe I can't 100% comment It looks to me more like they'd be sisters and not a total replica but by what I've read it seems a really great contender for both and at a massively cut price.
You also get 8g of product with Sleek where as with Nars it's 4.8g and Mac 6g so it's nearly double the amount of product for a tiny £4.49 price tag.

 I think this blush either way is worth the money as I save time with a highlighting my cheeks when using it, I find it gives me a sun kissed shimmery glow without being overpowering on my pale complexion.
I wouldn't advise this for those who want a matte finish for obvious reasons!

Have you tried this blush? What did you think?

13 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful! Sad that it doesn't pick up more of the gold when you apply it! Have you used any other brushes and noticed a difference with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice it's different with different brushes! I find with my fingertips it's really intense and as soon as I hit it with a duo fibre brush I cant get enough but I prefer to have too little than too much! xo

      Delete
  2. I've repurchased this a couple of times and I absolutely love it! It's such a lovely colour and the packaging is great for the price! I've tried Nars Orgasm as well and I think I actually prefer the Sleek version!

    Nicola xx


    ReplyDelete
  3. This blush is so lovely, will definitely have to get it soon! xx

    Abby | http://teenagelovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried Rose Gold but it sure looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this blush and it is beautiful.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try more of a pink toned blush, and really want to try this one. I just hope the shimmer isn't too much for my little face!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour is stunning, I love the sheen it gives. And it's such a bargain too! Really need to look into getting my hands on this...
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, would love for you to check it out :) - click here to enter my MAC giveaway
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous color! I am also in love with Nars Orgasm and this looks like a really goof dupe, :)
    xoxo All Beauty Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard positive things about Sleek makeup, I need to get me some!! This blusher looks like such a gorgeous colour too x

    Hannah @ FashionistaDigital

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this blush and it is SOOO pretty! Only thing I don't like about it, is mine is really hard to get into. Like it won't open. But once you are in, it is so worth it :)

    Sian
    xo

    http://sm-beautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post!
    The pictures you made are very pretty.

    Have a wonderful day.

    xoxo
    Kelly

    http://www.we-heart-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is such a beautiful colour, i've been meaning to pick it up for a while xx

    http://beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete