Saturday 8 March 2014

Muji | Acrylic Drawers and Makeup Storage



My beauty product collection is getting a little out of hand and I've got nowhere to store it other than to just chuck it in drawers, not what you want when you need to find things quickly and easily. I've got some Ikea Godmorgon storage that is brilliant for organising the inside of my drawers but I needed something for my dressing table and that's where Muji comes in.
The Company’s basic principle is to develop new simple products at reasonable prices by making the best use of materials while considering environmental issues and there's no fancy gimmicks in the packaging, products come in a plastic wrap and that's it. Clean and simple. 
These drawers are sturdy, practical and cheap and the size of all the products are online so you can measure up before you buy.
I was in Carnaby street meeting a pal and I quickly ran in, seriously the shop is like heaven for anyone like me who loves organising things.
I went for the 2 drawers with the flip lid in wide as they do a slimmer one but this fits perfectly in the gap on my dresser and a simple pen pot for some of my brushes as I can't fit any in my current one.





As you can see there's enough room to keep all of the things I use regularly in one easy to use box, I had been looking on ebay for these beforehand and they range from £15 to £70 as well as having to wait for postage and the worry that the drawers may break in transport so Muji is my saviour.
I love these drawers as they work with the whole range meaning you can stack them and make your own personalised storage solution as big or small as you want. The feet are rubbery too so I'm not scared of it flying off my dresser!
My lipstick organiser is from eBay and it was around £4 here's a similar listing.

I hope this helps with anyone who's wanted any cheap and cheerful but amazing storage, let me know what you think in the comments below.



10 comments:

  1. It all looks so pretty and organised! Really want to get some of these drawers :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I really need to organise my make up, this post has definitely inspired me to do so!
    I'm holding a MAC giveaway on my blog, would love for you to enter - http://danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/giveaway-mac-200-bloglovin-subscribers.html
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Muji too! Their acrylic drawers have made getting ready in the morning so much easier. I even bought more and stacked them.

    However I don't keep my foundation bottles in them, since the product tends to get stuck to the sides of the bottle, & means it's harder to use it up! I keep my foundations stood up on my dresser, then blushes/concealers/shadows, etc. in these wonderful drawers.

    http://beckyalyssasbeautybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rethinking this too because I don't want them spilling. I'm going to keep my tubes of foundation in them and maybe my bottles on top! X

      Delete
  4. Muji always looks so sleek and beautiful on a dresser! xx

    Abby | http://teenagelovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had a proper vanity unit like you I would totally use these. But for now, my Ikea Alex draws will do :p

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, definitely getting some of these. My make up drawers are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think this storage look so beautiful and clean! Looks lovely with your set up :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Muji, I have the 3 drawer set, and its fantastic.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something about the chilly outdoors makes you want to stay indoors more often, for longer hours. Afterwards I always need a storage space to keep all of my extra stuff.
    self storage Lota

    ReplyDelete