Thursday 6 March 2014

Penny Pinching | Primark High Waisted Jeans

Top Picks // High Waisted Jeans

I'm a fat girl, theres no hiding it and I don't ever wear jeans as I have very large thighs and a small waist so this means tight round my bum and gaping around my waist when I found high waisted jeans I was so happy but even then I found them impossible to find in soft denim until I tried on Topshops Joni Jeans. I then decided £39 was too much to spend on some jeans I may never wear so I made it my mission to find a cheaper pair that still felt like the Topshop ones and I did!

Topshop Joni jeans range from a size 4 to an 16 and do 3 different leg lengths so there's a large size range but I always find I have to go up a size in Topshop clothing and it bashes my self confidence so off on a broken hearted wander round town I then stumbled upon River Island 'Tube Pants' they're exactly the same as the topshop Joni Jeans the only difference is 1% in the elastine! Both these pairs are made up of a cotton, polyester and elastane mix, So they're basically stretchy jeans. Disco pants style fitting but in denim! The River Island pair go up to an 18 so a little better for us curvy ladies and they have a massive colour range from bright blue to deep red all for £35.

Then I went to trusty Primark, I was shocked to find they had the same style jeans but would they be similar in quality? These are the Soft super high waisted jeans and at the bargain price of £10!! They're just like the Topshop and River Island pair but have more cotton in so felt more like jeans than jeggings so in my opinion they really are better than the Topshop and River Island ones! I can't tell you enough how much I recommend them, I wore them from 10am till midnight on tubes and a 2 hour train ride back home and they held their shape brilliantly even though they're super soft. I still find the waist is a little big but I did have to get a 16 in these because the 14 felt uncomfortable, I got them on and thought I may pop out of them if I ate anything!
These jeans also go up to bigger sizes than Topshop and River Island however they only come in one length and at 5'6 they graze my ankle, no problem for me as I roll my jeans but just keep it in mind. I saw three colours in my local Primark but I couldn't find out if there was anymore so I know they do Acid wash, Navy and Black. (Primark currently do 'super soft skinny' for £11 but these are the 'super high waisted' so make sure you don't get confused!)


I hope this helps anyone looking for some high waisted jeans for a steal!
Let me know if you've tried these and what you think!

Kyleigh Rose
XO

11 comments:

  1. Great post! My sister bought the Primark ones and they're so good aren't they?!
    I was trying to find some for ages and ages but they only had size 6 left in Primark.. no way haha!
    NewLook also do a version for £29 :) xx

    http://iisforiz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried New look and Dorothy Perkins on too! Theres so many jeans out there with the exact same materials in for so much less! xo

      Delete
  2. I just bought the primark ones yesterday! I have the Topshop Joni ones in a light blue which is incredibly unflattering but I thought it was a good idea at the time so when I needed some new black high waisted jeans I went straight to primark and I love them! I have some high waisted jeans from American Apparel and they lose their shape within like an hour but the primark ones stay put. I have to squeeze my thighs into a size 10 because otherwise it's too big around my waist but hey ho, they hold you in nicely and actually make me look skinnier :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are such a good pair for only £10! I think maybe I need a belt but when I tuck a Tshirt in it helps keep them up haha! x

      Delete
  3. You sound like you have the perfect figure! I'm 5"6 and wear sizes 14-16, it's so irritating how shops have completely different cuts :( I'm finding it so hard to find "perfect" jeans lately, I've literally tried every shop. I have worn Primark jeans before but a) they're way too long and the material is hunched up because of it and b) they lost their size in the wash :( May have to go back and try again as I'm sure it may have changed by now. I like Riverisland/Topshop jeans but they are so expensive, plus mine are already ripping on the leg and it's so frustrating. Will have to have a look in Primark but i'm in between sizes and as you said, it's off putting when you have to go for the next size up! xxx

    Hannah @ FashionistaDigital

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Look skinny jeans. The ones with 5 buttons. I'm a convert and I'm going to buy another 2 pairs as I'm terrified they will discontinue them!
    I love them. I'm a 12-14 with a problem tummy but decent legs and higher waist. These are totally the business! I wore mine nearly every day for 6 months and they are still in shape, they are like a second skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh.. I've been dying to get myself some soft high waisted jeans for awhile now, I'll be off to hunt a pair of these down in primark thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was just debating whether to go out and buy the Joni Jeans- I'm so glad you did this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good! One to go and get for sure :)

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grabbed a pair of the Primark beauties last month and they are AHMAZING. Definitely buying more before they are all gone! I'm short and have a big bottom so they are really flattering for my shape.

    Vanessa
    catsnbats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for following me!i am a new blogger at http://4fashionsquare.blogspot.gr/2014/03/blue-jeansa-shirtwalked-into-room-you.html?spref=fb .i really like your blog keep up the good job!:)such a pity we don't have primark in greece:/

    ReplyDelete