Wednesday 23 April 2014

Real Techniques | Retractable Bronzer & Blush Brush



Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush £12.99 & Blush Brush £9.99

Slightly muddled post coming up, I thought I'd share an offer with you and just generally a first impressions kinda thing instead of a 'review' 
Scouring the Superdrug shelves I saw that the Real Techniques brushes are currently on a buy one get one half price offer so I felt I needed to get the missing few for my collection I really wanted the Real Techniques retractable kabuki but they didn't have it or even a place on the shelves for one so I'll have to make my collection complete another day, le sigh.


I love RT's packaging and look. Everything they do is really nice looking and I find, long wearing. I haven't had a brush fall apart on me yet and I've had my first core set since they were released years ago now the only thing thats happened is the writing has rubbed off but it's not a big issue for me.

The blush brush is very similar to the rest of their large brushes just more egg shaped. The brush isn't as dense as the Powder brush but equally as soft, great for applying blush on the tops of your cheeks and blending out as well as more precise powder applications. I could have done without this brush if I'm totally honest as I have the contour and powder brush, one is egg shaped and one is a giant fluffy brush so it's like mixing the two but for £5 it was a steal.

 The Bronzer brush is one of the newer brushes in the range but it's very sturdy feeling, it's also so eye catching. The cylinder inside slides up before and after you put the cap on to ensure you're not catching all the bristles in the cap, the brush is very dense and feels just like their stippling brush and I'll probably use it just with liquid foundation and for blending out my contour. I'm almost sure this will take over my MAC 187 in my bag as I hate keeping it in there, it's so unhygienic and my brush gets destroyed so this is going to be my new best friend. In the bottom picture you may be able to see it's quite large but I don't feel like this is a bad thing.



Here's a quick comparison between my MAC 187 and the Bronzer brush for size etc, main difference being the MAC is real hair and the Real Techniques is synthetic as well as the noticeable size difference. (My 187 is a tad bit wet in this photo as it had just been washed!)

Little bit of a mish mash of a post but it's definitely worth a wander into Superdrug to take advantage of the deal at the moment especially if you've not tried them yet.
Have you used these brushes? Are you a fan of Real Techniques? Let me know what you think.

 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. I love the Real Techniques blush brush, perfect for bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the RT brushes, the only thing I'm not so keen on with the bronzer brush is that it's so big and takes up quite a lot of space in the makeup bag :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I had to rearrange my makeup bag today but I do really like it, feel like it's so much better for liquid than bronzer though! x

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with the Real Techniques Blush brush. So much that I have 2. It is so hard to get blush application wrong with this tool.

    ♡ Kristen

    wwww.everybeautytalks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new blusher brush, and I love the idea of the retractable brush so I'm defo going to take a look!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those brushes look so nice. RT are such good prices and yet such good quality!

    beckyisobel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice brushes :D I have to get one by real techniques!

    I'm a beginning fashion blogger, check it out www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have nominated you for The Leibster Award, hope you enjoy the questions.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I saw this really great post The coverage is medium to full and it doesn't feel too emollient on the skin. Eight shades in the line up which also cater for light and darker skin tones.DynaDome Retractable Enclosure Systems

    ReplyDelete