Friday 20 June 2014

BIRCHBOX | June 2014



Ok, I caved. I got a Birchbox subscription. If you're unsure of what a Birchbox is it's a monthly subscription for £10 that lets you try out different products without committing to buying the whole product and introducing you to things you might not normally try.

I saw all over the twittersphere the magical Beauty Blender was in some selected boxes and I couldn't help myself. For years I've wanted to subscribe to either Birchbox or Glossybox and I've noticed a lot more hype around the Birchbox as of late so I took the plunge and here the Brazilian World Cup themed box is...


The Balm How 'bout them apples? Cheek & Lip Cream | £26 For Palette
My first experience of The Balm even though I've heard a lot about it, this is a super pigmented and long lasting. I love the cute packaging and I'm enjoying this on my lips.


Naobay Body Radiance Lotion | £14
Lemon fresh organic body lotion with shea butter & avocado oils, good for those dry patches however for me the scent is a little strong and somewhat reminds me of bathroom cleaner. I think lemon scents have been ruined because they always remind me of cleaning products!


OPI Nail Lacquer - The Brazil Collection | £11.95
I've always enjoyed OPI polishes however this isn't my colour at all, maybe I'll find someone who want's to trade or I can use it for details. I'm thinking daisy print nails right now!


Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid | £38
This is a beige coloured lotion that's meant to brighten and even skintone. I'm excited to see if this works as I really like the texture. I'm applying before makeup as it's oil free!


Beauty Blender & Blender Cleaner Solid | £26
The original egg shaped make-up sponge to create the flawless base plus the solid soap to clean it.
I have been using the Real Techniques version of this for months and it's my all time favourite way of applying a flawless base but I've always wanted to use the original so I was so beyond happy when I found this in my box as I saw some people didn't get it!

I'm happy with this box mainly for the Beauty Blender, the value is around £116 if you bought everything full size so this is a really fab box. Birchbox chucked in a keyring in the Brazilian colours of the bag, I also think the bags are handy especially for keeping things neat and tidy in my drawer and travelling.
If you fancy trying Birchbox yourself using my link will give you £5 to spend on the store!

Do you subscribe? What did you get in your box?


 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Birchbox has much nicer brands than GB. I've been subscribed to Glossybox for 4 months now and I find it very disappointing. In the last one I got a hair product that doesn't even have label in English!

    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just posted my birchbox too and I got the exact same bag as you! So glad I got the beauty blender hope you enjoy your box

    Www.sophalou.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. The products you recieved are amazing for the amount you pay per month. I wish this was available in Australia... I would be all over that!

    I can't believe you got a blender and the solid!

    Kristen xox // Everybeauty Talks

    ReplyDelete