Saturday 22 November 2014

REVIEW | Urban Decay Shadowbox

The Urban Decay Shadow Box contains 12 shadows including some intense brights through to a mix of golden shades that are perfect for the upcoming season!
I ordered this on a whim and I wont say I regret it because I got it really cheaply but it's probably not the best palette for first time Urban Decayers. My issue with this is there's only one matte shade even though the description says it's a mix of shimmer and matte. Tut tut Urban Decay.
The packaging is cute and very eye catching, purple and black design with a metal silver UD logo. The palette itself is a thick card with a glossy finish, the lid stays shut with a magnetic closure and there's a large mirror in the lid.
Here are the swatches from left to right Sin, Indo, Bordello, Tornado, Smog, Blackout, Flash, Mushroom, Lost, Freelove, Moonshadow, Baked Cowboy.
My favourite shades are Indo and Baked cowboy. Indo is a beautiful emerald shade that makes me feel super christmassy and sort of reminds me of a peacock feather and Baked Cowboy is a golden bronze shade that is just gorgeous and will work for all seasons.
My least favorite? Blackout. The only matte shadow also sucked at staying on. It's just really thin and powdery but when you build it the blackness is intense it just takes a bit of work. You'll see in the swatches it took a few goes to get on the back of my hand.
I kind of love but hate this palette at the same time, it's so pretty but it just lacks something.. This shadow box is £22 and each pan only contains 0.5g of product so bare that in mind. It's available from Debenhams or the Urban Decay website.
Let me know what you think below!

Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I swear their palettes get prettier every release! The packaging is gorgeous. I agree with it missing something though; such pretty colors but it just doesn't wow me :( Probably the lack of matte shades.

    www.lizzyxfresh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of this palette, but I think I fall for any eye palette at the moment!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours- but I think it needs a few matte ones to be included. Still pretty though :)
    I'm your newest follower!

    Feel free to pop by and say hello: http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/
    xox Elise

    ReplyDelete