Thursday 9 January 2014

REVIEW | Foxy Locks Hair Extensions

EDIT - I purchased a new set in a slightly darker shade and there were so many synthetic hairs mixed in with the hair they melted to my GHD's so please be aware as of mid 2014 the hair isn't the same quality as when I posted this review!



I've been wearing hair extensions for probably about 5 years now until I was around 19 I had long hair, didn't care about what I did to it, hacked into it, bleached it, dyed it and totally took it for granted until one day I had a super bright idea to have it all cut off to a bob. Worst mistake I've ever made.
Now extensions are super popular and it's not frowned upon to give your hair some extra oomph and sass any more, I used to think it was almost cringeworthy that I wore them but I can't think of a famous person that doesn't use wigs, hairpieces or extensions now so no more shall I feel extension shame!

I've been relying on hair extensions to make me feel 'me' again and I haven't been able to find any that I liked other than these, I've tried time and time again to order from different places but none seem to match the quality of Foxy Locks.

In the Deluxe set you get 2 x 4 clips pieces, 2 x 3 clip pieces, 2 x 2 clip pieces and 4 x 1 clip pieces, this is a full head, start with the bigger pieces at the nape/back of the head from ear to ear and the other pieces clip on the sides of your head with a simple snap of a clip you can be transformed into rapunzel, well sort of... If you have trouble placing the extensions they have a video here!



These hair extensions are 20inches, weigh 165 grams and cost £76. The price seems average as Lush do a similar set at £69.99 for 150 grams of hair, Hair Rehab are prices at around £85 for 130-140 grams. and Dirty Looks are £85.99 for 18 inches not 20 but 160 grams of hair so you do seem to get more hair for your money with these.

Foxy locks are 20 inches and they're a tad too long for me as I have relatively short hair and there's nothing worse than the sheet of hair effect so I tend to wear them curly or trim them an inch or so with a hair razor so it's natural and not blunt cut, Foxy locks are pre cut on the ends but not harshly so they are easy to blend, the clips are really strong and a nice size I've used bigger ones and I hate that they're so visible so these are perfect. I always buy dark blonde as I dye them to the colour I currently am and if you know me you know I'm forever going between red and brown, they're 100% human hair so you can dye, bleach, curl and straighten them like you would with your own hair.



I'm wearing Foxy Locks in all of these pictures and I don't always think unless you seriously look they're noticeable in fact most people thought this was my real hair, just what you want from extensions!

I would highly recommend these to everyone who wants to try to add thickness or length to their hair, worldwide shipping is available so anyone can get their hands on them, have you tried Foxy Locks or would you like to? What do you think about hair extensions are they something you'd try? Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. I am very tempted! Used to have clip-ins when I had blonde-brown hair and loved the way they looked, but I have my hair salon dyed multiple shades of red/purple every few months so it changes colour a lot! I'll probably get some more in future when I get sick of having red hair. xo

    http://beckyalyssasbeautybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sometimes have discount codes so try grab some when they do! Also I don't know if they do but your stylist may be able to dye them for you! xo

      Delete
  2. I have these but they always look rubbish in my hair!! :( I've only worn them twice!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah noo! Why so? The length can be an issue shorter hair and 20 inch extensions can be hard to blend sometimes but I love them, every time I get different ones I just hate them! xo

      Delete
  3. Nowadays, females are very particular about the way they look and their attraction. They are more style aware than ever. phcwigdealer gives its hand to bring about a change in the character of the lady of this millennium.

    For more detail visit: http://www.phcwigdealer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red hair at the bottom is stunning! Added / followed your blog by the way! :)

    Shaunyland

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are proud to bring our quality work and products to the market with cutting-edge technologies in the hair science. Outstanding selections and affordable prices are the cornerstone of Royal Hair Extensions.Our well-conceived methods and professional staff are what makes Royal Hair Extensions the world’s foremost authority on hair extensions and hair replacement for women.Hair Extensions NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post about the hair extensions that is liked by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hair extensions are a simple means by which you can style your hair in a way that you have always wanted. With the assistance of hair extensions, you can easily transform your look. A large number of women in United States use Hair Extensions in their everyday lives. This is the reason a number of online portals are offering virgin human. There are several types of hair extensions that you can use for styling your hair, but experts have recommended that wigs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the brand you use is nice, as the color is very vibrant. It might actually be fun to play with hair extensions, so that you can enjoy various hairstyles, without cutting your own hair. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Kyleigh. All the best!


    Renee May @ Virgin Hair Fixx

    ReplyDelete