Tuesday 14 January 2014

Inspired | The Little Mermaid

This evening my creative side came out and I decided to take the first step towards one of my goals. The Little Mermaid has always been my favourite film and I decided to channel my inner Ariel.


(I apologise about the photo quality, it only occured to me after I'd rubbed half my face off that I should have used my Canon to photograph this instead of my iphone in unnatural light!)

Firstly I did my foundation as normal using Illamasqua Skin Base, I then prepped my eye using Mac Prep & Prime Eye Base and patted on a purple eyeshadow shade 13 from the MUA Immaculate Collection over my lid. I went in with an Elf crease brush in my crease and ran it backwards and forwards until the colour intensified with shade 24 and blended it out further with a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush, I then used a very light pink colour on my brow bone in shade 9.
With shade shade 1 and 15 I ran it under my lower lash line and in the inner corner of my eye with a Real Techniques Accent Brush. I then just lined my eye with Eyeko's Skinny Liquid Liner as I normally do, popped some Benefit Bad Gal in my waterline and added a coat of Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara and some Eyelure Naturalites Super Full lashes to make the eye look more finished. But in true Kyleigh style I forgot to curl them so they don't look as good as they normally do! I also did my brows as normal using Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder




For my lips I lined them and filled them in with Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses in Tiramisu and added MAC Snob all over then dabbed a small amount of Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte By Kate Moss in 101 and blended to create a dusky red.

I really enjoyed being creative, I usually do the same make up day in day out and I probably wouldn't ever venture out of my house looking like a mermaid it was fun in my own little world! I'm going to do a series of Disney inspired looks and I really hope you enjoyed this post even though reading it back sounds like a whole lot of waffle for something that anyone can recreate!

3 comments:

  1. You look stunning :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I feel I look rather clown like but it's always fun to experiment. My brother looked horrified when he saw me! haha xo

      Delete
  2. this was such a good post and your makeup is flawless!

    www.chelseasharkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete