Tuesday 11 March 2014

REVIEW | Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation



I've been using Vichy Dermablend on and off for around 4 years now and I thought it definitely deserves a place on my blog.
It's claims?  'Dermablend gives total coverage, long lasting wear with a blendable moisturising texture. A high coated pigment concentration reaching a level of 25%, which offers twice the coverage of a traditional foundation with a natural lightweight finish.'
 I had been looking for a foundation with a higher pigment level as normal foundations mean you have to layer for the same effect as this can give you in one go and after seeing a lot of people with acne using this I felt like I needed to see what the hype was about, I was also having my own problems with spots on my chin that was ruining the way I felt about myself.
I watched this video from Lisa Eldridge and she uses it and it's amazing watching this girls face change using this product.

I picked up shade Opal as it was the lightest shade in my local Boots store, we have 5 shades available. Not a huge range and to be honest opal is probably too dark for me and my ghostly complexion but because I love the foundation so much I make it work! I also have the stick foundation in porcelain so I use the two together.
I dislike the packaging just because it's in a squeezy tube and I always end up with too much as with this a little goes a loooooong way, it's so pigmented you can use it to cover all sorts from tattoos to veins.
The foundation itself has no parabens, SPF35, fragrance free and it's hypoallergenic, I found as soon as I started using this these weird pimples vanished, I have no idea if it was a coincidence or it really helped but whenever I find I'm having a bad skin week I will without a doubt go back to this. Vichy claims this lasts for 16 hours and even longer using their specially formulated loose powder that I also use religiously, however I do find I get a little greasy when using the foundation alone so I recommend setting it.


I love the texture of this, it's so velvety and I find it's so easy to put on, the instructions advise using fingertips but I use any of my brushes from a MAC 187 to a beauty blender and I get a good coverage either way.
I've recently had my cheek dermal out and the scar it's left is horribly ugly and I'm quite conscious of it, if I use any other foundation I have to use concealer to get it to go away even still the redness sometimes comes through but here you can see this is just me using my fingertips to pat some of this foundation on my scar.


I highly recommend this product if you have uneven skin tone or scarring, it's currently on 3 for 2 if you want to try the setting powder or stick foundation too!
Have you ever tried Vichy Dermablend? What did you think?

 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube // Instagram // Twitter // Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This seems really good, great review :)

    http://princesscandyfloss.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete