Monday 14 April 2014

REVIEW | Lush | Golden Egg






With Easter fast approaching Lush's range of goodies have been unleashed onto the world and after making the mistake of entering my local one I had to buy this egg, It's so sparkly I didn't even smell it I just got it.
My fellow magpies will understand the constant need to buy anything shiny.

I don't mind paying £3.50 for something that is handmade and makes me feel good about what I'm using, I don't like to spend a lot of money on products I just scrub on then rinse off, it's just like washing money away but when it comes to Lush I will happily pay it, you know everythings been lovingly made, no animals were harmed and all of their ingredients are ethically sourced.

This unlike normal bath bombs is a bath bomb/melt. Basically mine melted a bit then it fizzed away rolling around my bath, it took a good 10 mins or so to vanish. I noticed this bomb was a lot softer than others, you could really feel the cocoa butter in it, it was melting in my hands after holding on to it for ages.

The smell of this is so yummy, made using fair trade colombian coca butter and sweet wild orange oil it's sort of like toffee with a citrus edge, it's a really nice but not an overpowering light delicious smell. If you don't like glitter fear not, my bath water was beautifully glittery but it's so fine and there were no huge chunks of the stuff floating about, however it did leave my skin with a shimmery glow.

I really enjoyed this bomb melt and it was a real treat for me skin although I had hospital after using it and after laying on the paper sheet on the bed you could see my whole upper back printed onto the bed, I shrieked to the doctor that I'd used a bath bomb before I came and I don't think she understood what I was on about. Cringe! So make sure you're thoroughly rinsed unless you don't mind greasy bits...

Have you tried any of the Lush Easter range? What did you think?


 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. It's so glittery - I may have to try it!

    Haven't fallen in love with any of the Easter exclusives, but my all-time Lush bath favourites are The Comforter, Dorothy and Butterball - they all make any crap day a little better.

    http://beckyalyssasbeautybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at this one but I was scared of all of the glitter and how it would get EVERYWHERE but I did love the smell! I picked out some other ones from their easter range though and I actually just posted about it! Looks like you had a great bath :)
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your style and thats some cool ink you've got there! :)

    Stay tuned to my page for future updates!
    https://www.facebook.com/ColorfulExistence

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful, really wish I picked one up now at the weekend!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. literally and rather embarrassingly mistaked the golden egg for a jacket potato when I just saw the picture... Lucky I know lush and soon realised my misjudgement ;) I definitely need to buy this though! Great post! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger award.
    You can check it out on my blog.

    croissantsandcurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend Dan actually made this little beauty. I felt like it was so soothing with the soft sweet scent and of course, GLITTER. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete