Tuesday 15 July 2014

Birchbox | July 2014




As my last Birchbox arrived quite late in the month this seems to have come round really quickly! Please let me apologise in advance for some of the photos, I dropped and broke my lens on my Canon, I'm currently crying inside because it's really had it, I struggled through even though it wouldn't focus on anything unless I was a certain distance away :( anyway, on to my Birchbox
This month is all about Sun, Sea & Sand, the things we should be experiencing in July but with this classic British weather we really aren't. 
The little instructional cards this month are all beach themed with sayings like 'Don't get crabby' and 'Just keep swimming' soooo cute!
Laqa & Co Sheer Lip Lube In Menatour | £14
Of all the lip pencils I've tried this is probably one of the nicest I've ever used, It smells slightly like peppermint and you get that little tingle when you apply it! It's also the most pigmented of them too. I love it, such a beautiful colour!

Balance Me - Wonder Eye Cream | £20
I'm a sucker for an eye cream, I've noticed the subtle signs of aging are setting in so I'll be keeping this by my bedside and applying before bed and when I arise from my slumber! I don't know if it's just my tube but 
there's only a tiny weeny bit of product in it? Let me know if it was just me.

Models Own Nail Polish in Magenta Devine | £5
Love Models own, all of their polishes that I've purchased are brilliant. I don't own any sparkly ones like this from them as I'm not a sparkly nail kinda girl and I'm afraid this is definitely not my colour. 

Whish Body Butter in Lavender | £14.50
When I saw this I was like 'erugh, lavender.. gross' the smell reminds me of old ladies but this is delicious. It only has a smidge of lavender in it and it smells like baby products. I think this will be good before bed to help me nod off. A really good thing about this product is that it's paraben, sulfate and DEA free, it's all organic and tested on humans not animals!

Benefit Porefesinal Primer | £24.50 
The world and it's wife know all about this product, I'm forever collecting samples of it because I love it but don't love the price tag so I was very pleasantly surprised to see this in my box. 
Oil free and pore minimising? What's not to love! Although I will say the pore side? I'm not 100% convinced even though I do think it's a fabulous product. 

Last but not least the lifestyle extra
Filosofille Nail File | £?
Well after searching the Birchbox website, I haven't the foggiest how much this is I even checked the Filosofille website but my French isn't up to scratch and I had no luck! However this seems to be your bog standard nail file, buff and polish block. Funnily enough I have been in need of one of these so it's a welcome addition to my box.

Overall again I'm quite happy with my box, my favorites have to be the Benefit Porefessional as it's always expensive to buy even the samples and the Whish Body Butter. If you want to sign up to Birchbox click here for £5 to spend in their online shop!

What did you get in your Birchbox? What did you think? And thank you for baring with my dodgy photographs, hopefully I can get my camera fixed soon :(

 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I received this box too, wasn't overly impressed though compared to last month's box - although a Beauty Blender was pretty had to top!
    Lovely review chick :)
    Daniela xo | danielascribbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the box this month, I got the same stuff as you except a different nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That box looks amazing this month:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be really into subscription boxes (Memebox, PinchMe, etc.) but I never got around to trying the Birchbox. I really like the Lip Lube. It's such a strong beautiful color. Lovely review!

    Cristielle |Fairytale Princess ☾•*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to sign up for the BirchBox for quite a while now. I've been rather tight on money lately so I've strongly debated on it since I don't want to sign up for something and feel disappointed for the next 6 months to a year. Is it definitely worth the money in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete