Sunday 16 February 2014

REVIEW | Anastasia Beverly Hills | Brow Pomade | Chocolate


When I arrived home last night there was a package on my bed, I think this package was sent from God or some higher being because it contained Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade.

After using Anastasia's Brow Wiz I was itching to try the pomade but it was always out of stock when I had the money, however I finally have it and I'm rather excited about the pot of joy!

 




I opted for chocolate as a redhead I can get away with a slight red tone but some people hate it, I usually do but this colour hasn't got an obvious red tone to it so I'm glad I did it really does look just like chocolate, it's a rich but not red! The formula is creamy and it's very pigmented so no worries needing a tonne of it to get a good colour.

Now, I think I need more practice with it as I don't get the finish I want but that's not the products fault that's mine! I really like that you get a lot for your money, with the Wiz it ran out in a month and I was sad as it's probably my favourite eyebrow perfecting tool, however this could soon take the top spot.

You only need a tiny amount of the Pomade as it really does go a long way, I firstly underline my brow with a thin eye brush and extend my tail slightly as my brows are short, I then go in and do a slightly less harsh line on top of my brow and join the tail. 

When it comes to filling them it's upto you how dark or light you'd like to go, I like my tail end to be darker than the front end so I do my tail first and use the leftover product on the front of my brow to feather it out so it doesn't look so harsh. 
I've had that dreadful embarrassing moment where I've been happily wandering around the shops with half and eyebrow rubbed across my forehead without even realising so this is a life saver, once this stuff sets it doesn't budge unless you really go to town rubbing!


Bare brow // Lined // Filled       -      How I lay out my lines before filling.

You get 4g for £15 compared to the Brow Wiz 0.8g for £15.50 so I really think it's worth the money as you get so much more, it's available in 5 colours on the Cult Beauty website from Blonde to Ebony including Auburn. The packaging is clean and simple maybe a little chunky but it's no worse than a gel eyeliner pot.

Overall I really like the product it's lovely I just need a bit more practice, it probably doesn't help I'm hungover today (sorry about the state of me, got carried away last night!) I can't wait to play with it more but it really does live up to the hype.

If you sign up to Cults emailing list you receive 10% off your first order so if you're considering it make sure to grab the discount code they email you!

Have you tried this yet? What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. I really want to try this as all the reviews I've heard have been great! xx

    Abby | http://instagram.com/teenlovesxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly worth the money, I really think with a little practice it's super easy! x

      Delete
  2. Definitely going to give this a try, thanks for the discount code xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking at this product for ages, definitely going to give it a go now!

    catcherintherhirhi.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pomade, in this shade. I used it today and tried to achieve a littler look (inspired by Linda Hallberg). It was my first try, but I loved it more than the fuller look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using it today for a third time I'm getting the hang of it! I'm still a bit rubbish at ombre brows though! xo

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for the Liebster award!
    For more details, check out my blog!
    http://classygirlschic.blogspot.com/
    Alley xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so gorgeous! I'm in love! xx

    Sharlotte //

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hasn't heard off this range before, it sound really nice - anything with chocolate is always good in my book.

    http://www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete