Thursday 20 February 2014

REVIEW | MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer | Velvetine dupes!

Last Saturday I noticed these in Brighton but couldn't handle the unreal amounts of people/children in Superdrug so hot footed it out to the pub with my big sister instead but I popped to Superdrug on my lunch break at work yesterday and spotted these again! These beauties are the MUA Luxe Lip Lacquers and after swatching them I decided I needed them, there are five colours ranging from purple to orange but I showed some restraint and I picked up two, Reckless and Funk. 
 
Velvet Lip Lacquers // £3 // Reckless & Funk
Reckless is a deep romantic red and Funk is a brighter rose pink. I usually can't wear brights but this works well even with my red hair it's bold and beautifully pigmented but not neon or fluorescent.
These lip lacquers are velvet looking so very matte, you just need to slick them on with the doe foot applicator and keep your mouth open for a moment so they can dry don't rub your lips together while drying or you'll get patchy lips! They glide on wonderfully and I find one coat is really enough, I wouldn't advise lots of coats or you'll get flakey lips, not a good look.
Before application for best results I'd say give your lips a quick scrub and apply some balm but it's not a must unless you do have dry lips.


The packaging is much more luxe feeling compared to some of their older stuff and I really feel like MUA are stepping their game up massively lately, the tube is frosted just like a hugely popular alternative..
Now if you've ever wanted to try Lime Crime's Velvetines  but couldn't afford them or get hold of them, fear not.. these are the answer. Yep these babies are a perfect dupe.


Left is Reckless and Right Red Velvet by Lime Crime, as you can see Reckless is nearly exactly the same as Red Velvet, MUA's version is the tiniest and I mean tiniest bit darker. Then far right is Funk.


On my top lip I have Reckless and Bottom Red Velvet, can you tell they're different?! Nope, me either! Heres a rub test with a wet wipe The MUA Lip Lacquer wins hands down and it's about £8 cheaper, it stays on a lot better and feels slightly thicker.

These lip lacquers are amazing, they last even through drinking, they're not drying and they come in some amazing shades. There's also currently a deal on at Superdrug to get a FREE Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint Stick if you spend £6 so for £6 I got three amazing products worth £9.

As you can probably tell I am over the moon with these for £3 I can't believe how well they work , as well as being massively purse friendly they are FAB, did I mention how much I love them? No? I LOVE THEM!  (MUA didn't ask me to post this, I actually am just super excited haha!)

Have you tried these? Do you think they're a good dupe for Velvetines?

9 comments:

  1. funk is such a gorgeous colour! it really suits you! ive never tried these before but im so tempted now! id love it if you would check out my blog and comment back! http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these! I had to get all of them because they're just such a good product. Reckless is probably like, my favourite thing ever at the moment <3
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try these out but theyre never in stock at my superdrug! These are both gorgeous shades, they look lovely on you! xx

    Abby | http://teenagelovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyones saying this! I may have to go back and buy the others just so I'm not left short, however purple lips and red hair might be a no go! haha xo

      Delete
  4. Reckless looks amazing! They both look great on you. I think I'll need to try these out xx

    http://croissantsandcurls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting these for ages but they're always out of stock! They're both such lovely colours you've made me want them ever more now!!

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to go and buy them all just to send them to everyone, everyone says they can't find them! My Superdrug has them all the time! xo

      Delete
  6. Funk looks very similar to the Rimmel Apocolips lip gloss I have in Celestial. But if the MUA one is cheaper I might have to try it xx

    http://catcherintherhirhi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I think it wears much better than Apocolips! They're worth the money! xo

      Delete