Tuesday 20 May 2014

MUA & NYC | Three Items For Less Than £3!



I've been on a spending ban before holiday but It's so hard to resist two lipsticks and a nail polish for £2.79 isn't it? I got a bargain three for two in Superdrug and it included two lipsticks I've not been able to get my hands on.


Lilac Belle is a new matte shade from MUA, it's not as easy to apply and the colour pay off isn't as brilliant as the normal lipsticks but you can layer it without it turning into a hot mess. I found it wore off pretty evenly so I didn't fret about having to reapply although it does go a little 'bitty' as you can maybe see in the picture below. Matte lipsticks that I've tried before all have this chalky feeling so it's definitely not just this formula.
Bare is an older shade in the original formula, effortlessly applies and thankfully isn't that awful concealer colour that some nudes tend to be. I was quite annoyed as someone had stuck their finger in the little pot on the bottom of the lipstick but in all honesty I still haven't ever used the pots and I just assume it's for using a lip brush? I love re applying this because it's so smooth, I can see this fast becoming my favourite nude ever as it's enough colour to make me look finished and put together but not tacky.
Both lipsticks are only £1 each!




Lastly NYC's Blue Sky 'In a New York colour minute' polish, What a mouthful! It's the most beautiful geeny blue turquoise colour nail polish I've ever seen, it photographs more blue but it's definitely a dark minty colour, one coat is enough and it's just the perfect colour for my holidays next month. I love their polishes I've always gone for them as they're only £1.79 and have a really nice colour selection. (Please don't judge my slap dash nail application, I did it while a pug jumped all over me!)

For £2.79 I really didn't mind skipping my lunch yesterday, I don't think you can get much for less than £3 these days and I promise I'm not paid by MUA to rave about their products but I LOVE all of their lipsticks!

Have you tried the New MUA matte lipsticks? What did you think?
 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. That neutral/nude shade is GORGEOUS!!!

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MUA eyeshadows, I've never thought to try the lipsticks but after seeing those two shades on you (which look lovely) I'm gonna have to give them a go! Great review :) xx

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried the MUA brand but the purple lipstick looks amazing!!! and looks gorgeous on you!!
    have a lovely day

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lipstick colors are beautiful! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know MUA did matte lipsticks so thanks for the heads up!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing price! Can't really resist :p

    ReplyDelete