Monday 12 May 2014

REVIEW | Sleek | True Colour Lipstick | Liqueur


True Colour Lipstick | £4.99
I've not tried any of the sleek lipsticks until I saw this when looking for a nude-ish lippy, my hair colour is sometimes the bane of my life because I can't wear these fab berry/purple/vampy shades I have to stick to pale pinks, nudes or sometimes a complimenting red.
Firstly the packaging is clean and matches across the whole brand and I really like uniformed brands and I like the fact they're boxed always makes you feel like you're buying an expensive item however this is a little smaller than most other lipsticks at 3.5g, I'm not too fussed as it takes up less room in my makeup bag!
Online this colour is described as 'a nude champagne pink' and in store this looked nude/pink but when I got it home and tried it on the lips it's a lot more brown that I'd hoped but it's still wearable even with my hair colour.

This photo I just nabbed off my instagram silly photo, yes but no filter so you can see wearing the shade it's definitely darker than it looked to me in the tube. I really wish make up halls and beauty stores would have better lighting!
I had reservations about the sheen aspect to this lipstick as it looks quite shimmery but I can't see it on the lip, I love the formula it's really creamy and I keep rubbing my lips together.
I've also eaten with this on and it held up well so I'll be trying Sleeks other shades, Mystic looks so beautiful.
Have you tried this shade? What do you think of Sleek?

 photo sig_zpseea3bd7f.png

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade! I haven't tried any Sleek lipsticks yet - will be sure to have a look next time in Superdrug.

    L'Oreal's current Collection Privee nude lipsticks are my current favourites for red hair! The Cheryl and Julianne shades are perfect. Coming from someone who otherwise can't stand buying something with Cheryl Cole's name on!

    http://beckyalyssasbeautybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shade !! X Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with sleek at the moment!! look their products and they are so cheap :)


    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colour!
    It's so subtle and beautiful!
    -MJ
    from Marlee and You

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous shade and I love the hint of shimmer for summer! looks incredible on you :) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous colour. Really suits you :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shade, I love it on you :) (and I'm madly in love with your hair color, it looks fantastic on you!)

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete