Tuesday 10 November 2015

OVERVIEW | Powder Highlighters




The world has gone crazy for highlighting/strobing/covering themselves in glitter and I for one am merrily on this band wagon, I thought I'd start doing an overview of products that I have in groups instead of just posting single reviews as I find my blog is literally just all about reviews, haha.
I've gathered together some powder highlighters that I have in my vanity and I thought I'd just have a little ramble about them, pro's & cons kinda thing!



I picked up this I Heart Makeup baked highlighter in my local Superdrug for £4.99 and I really wasn't sure if it would be any good but for the price is phenomenal! It's so incredibly pigmented and when blended down it gives a beautiful golden glow. It's a tiny bit powdery but nothing that would stop me from reaching for it, the only downside to me is the packaging. To everyone else it's probably great but if I want to take this to freelance it's a bit bulky for one highlighter but I may depot to a Z Palette. Isn't it gorgeous!!



The Balm Mary Lou Manizer is probably one of the most popular highlighters out there, I ordered this from Feel Unique as they always have a few pounds off, currently its got 11% off, it normally retails for £17.50. I love this highlighter, it's warm champagne shimmer is buttery, gives a perfect glow and never looks powdery. The packaging is sturdy as well as being compact and I love that it has a mirror for touch ups on the go, not that I need them with this highlighter. The only con to the product would be the price I guess and to be honest when this runs out I will repurchase because it's such a dream.




Kiko's Infinity 202 £5.90 isn't a highlighter its actually an eye shadow but it's basically exactly the same as the Mary Lou highlighter, next to each other I genuinely wouldn't be able to tell them apart! I love this eye shadow, it's so velvety soft and well pigmented it's a beautiful pearly gold shade. It's definitely harder to use as it's a lot smaller because it is an eye shadow but it's currently on offer for £2.80 so I'm going to continue to put it all over my face... It's a perfect dupe for Mary Lou!




On to this Make Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter and it's the bargain price of £3.
I cant honestly think of the last time I reached for this, it's great from pan to swatch but my goodness, getting it on to my face is a nightmare, I find it vanishes after a few hours.
It's a very hard chalky highlighter, the colour is pretty a frosty pinky peach but I generally don't like this highlighter! It probably doesn't help I picked it up in the wrong shade, I don't like cool tones and it comes off very pink so it's going to live in my drawer untouched. If you use Fix+ or something similar to fix it in place it should work a lot better, despite me saying I don't really like it, for the price it's great if you just want to try out a few shades of powder highlighter as there are 3 available!




What are your favourite highlighters? Let me know in the comments below!

Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Urghhhh you have made me want every single one of these! They look so gorgeous.. My favourite highlighter ATM is the new sleek palette! xx

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fancy seeing you here!

      Samesies! That Kiko shadow looks so good!

      https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

      Delete
  2. Goddess of love, kiko eyeshadow and Mary Lou are gorgeous highlighters but I think Mary lou is the best and the creamiest one! Good post:)

    Chaste & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete